MANDATE OF SIWES DIRECTORATE
The Directorate has the mandate to co-ordinate the acquisition of Relevant Production Skills (RPSs) of FUNAAB students and their Industrial Training, in order to bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge acquired in the classroom and actual practice in the industrial world.
The Directorate operates as a link between FUNAAB, the National Universities Commission (NUC) as the SIWES Regulatory Agency, the SIWES Division of the Industrial Training Fund (ITF) as the Federal Government Parastatal charged with the Industrial Skills acquisition and funding responsibility; the Industries/organizations where the students are acquiring relevant skills and experience; and the students on Industrial Training.
OBJECTIVES OF FUNAAB SIWES DIRECTORATE
- To provide avenue for students in the University to acquire industrial skills and experience relevant to their course of study.
- To provide students with an opportunity to apply acquired theoretical knowledge in real work situations, thereby bridging the gap between knowledge and practice.
- To prepare students for the work situation they will meet post-graduation.
- To expose students to work methods and techniques of handling equipment/machinery that may not be available in their institutions.
- To make transition from school to the world of work easier and enhance students’ contacts and networking for post-qualification job placement.
- To enlist and strengthen employers’ involvement in the entire educational process of preparing University graduates for employment and industry